The palace, which draws its inspiration from the Italian Renaissance, brings together different styles and eras with strong Lombard, Venetian and Spanish influences. It was built between 1905 and 1912,after Baroness Beatrice fell in love with an entrancing 7- hectare site and decided to create there the perfect setting which would enhance her works of art collection (18th century furniture , china by “Manufactures Royales de Sèvres et de Vincennes”).
The Baroness bequeathed the whole villa and its treasures to the “Académie des Beaux Arts “(Fine Arts academy) of the “Institut de France “(French Institute) which inherited it when she died in 1934.
The villa is surrounded by nine themed gardens and overlooks the bays of Villefranche and Beaulieu.
The every 20 - minute show of the musical fountains in the French garden highlights the enchanting atmosphere of the place.See the site